Thursday, March 26, 2009

Resurrection


When we die we experience a physical death which is the separation of the spirit from the body. There is a way to be saved from this physical death and have our bodies and spirits become one again. This happens through the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ and is called the Resurrection, the reuniting of the body and spirit. ( 1 Corinthians 15:22)
Jesus Christ was the first to be resurrected. Three day after being crucified, he rose from the tomb in which he was buried. After three days of his spirit being separated from his body, they were reunited. Because Jesus Christ suffered and died for us and over came death, every person who has ever lived on earth will be resurrected. After being resurrected, the spirit and body will never be separated again, it is a immortal reunion. After we are resurrected, we will be brought into the Lords presence to be judged according to our acts and works.

Enos 1: 27 And I soon go to the place of my rest, which is with my Redeemer; for I know that in him I shall rest. And I rejoice in the day when my mortal shall put on immortality, and shall stand before him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the mansions of my Father. Amen.

Alma 40; 23 The soul shall be restore to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame.








No comments:

Post a Comment